Sunday, July 25, 2010

New Potato Recipe: Fresh Parsley Potatoes


This parsley potato recipe, using new potatoes, is easy and delicious. Using fresh parsley from your garden is so much better than the dried parsley we’re forced to use in the winter time.
The ingredients are simple: new potatoes, seasoning salt, butter, and parsley. Easy does it!
Harvest your parsley. Wash.. and place the parsley in a narrow bottom cup and snip away with your scissors. I like regular scissors over kitchen shears because the narrow blades fit nicely into the cup. Yes… I washed my scissors. Now snip, snip, snip until the parsley is cut fine. You’ll need a good 1/8 cup.
Wash and slice from 12 to 15 new potatoes…. (potatoes are about 2 1/2 inches in diameter)
Slip the sliced potatoes in a plastic bag… add about 1/8 Cup of water… and tie up the bag. Cook in the microwave for about 6 minutes. Don’t over cook… the potatoes need to be a little firm.
Melt about 1/2 cube of butter (or more…I love butter) in a large pan. You can use a large fry pan… but I use a flat bottom wok that fits nicely on my stove.
Add the potatoes in the pan with the butter. (not for calorie counters for sure) Toss the potatoes… coating them with the butter. Sprinkle on the season salt to your taste. I like lots of it…. don’t be afraid to over do. Toss them again.
Now if your potatoes are a little too firm for you… place a lid on the pan. Check frequently, toss until they’re cooked to your liking.
Near the end of the cooking cycle… add your chopped parsley. Now I have to tell you a secret here. I added a few cut chives. I just couldn’t help it. I looked at my container herb garden and the garlic chives were just begging to be cut… so I obeyed. I used about 1 Tablespoon.
Cook for a bit longer, tossing the potatoes so they’re cooked evenly.
Then serve… Great with BQ chicken. A nice alternative to summer potato salad.
Fill in the little box below and get your printed recipe for Fresh Parsley Potatoes. The recipe fits into a 5X7 Photo Album. Pioneer Mini Ledger Le’ Memo Bound Photo Album, Random Solid Color Covers with Gold Accents, Holds 50 5″ x 7″ Photos, 1 Per Page.Start your Insightful Nana recipe book now… Once your on the list… I’ll send you all future recipes automatically.
Enjoy!
Till later
Kathy Griffiths
Insightful Nana
P.S. New potatoes are nice because they hold their firm texture when cooked. Russet potatoes have a soft texture which is best for mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment